After assessing the potential risks associated with COVID-19 to our volunteers and our friends, our Friendly Visitor program has been suspended effective close of business Friday, March 20.
We will reassess the situation and provide updates as needed and make every attempt to accommodate our clients who depend on this service. The health of our friends and volunteers is our top priority.
RSVP and Warren and Washington Counties Offices for the Aging have developed a Friendly Visitor Program. Many seniors are isolated and a weekly visit between a friendly visitor and an older friend is special; each brings unique talents, experiences and creativity to the friendship. The fruits of this exchange are joys and memories that last a lifetime.
Call 518.743.9158 for more information.
- Complete volunteer training at no cost
- Visit a home bound senior in their home for an hour once a week at a regularly scheduled time
- Pay attention to your client’s needs and environment and refer to your program coordinator when needed
- Enjoy a warm relationship with a senior
- Share common interests
- Give back to the community
- Brighten someone’s life