RSVP and Warren and Washington Counties Offices for the Aging have developed a Friendly Visitor Program. Many seniors are isolated and a weekly visit between a friendly visitor and an older friend is special; each brings unique talents, experiences and creativity to the friendship. The fruits of this exchange are joys and memories that last a lifetime.
Call 518.743.9158 for more information.
- Complete volunteer training at no cost
- Visit a home bound senior in their home for an hour once a week at a regularly scheduled time
- Pay attention to your client’s needs and environment and refer to your program coordinator when needed
- Enjoy a warm relationship with a senior
- Share common interests
- Give back to the community
- Brighten someone’s life